How to Walk in High Heels
Wearing high heels can make you feel so sexy and feminine. They really can transform a man to a very feminine woman! Heels make your legs looks slimmer, your stomach flatter, and your femininity just feels so powerful and unstoppable. For a man walking in high heels, it takes practice! It is not a natural talent, but a learned skill. If you did the exercises from my last blog post, you are ready to move on knowing you strengthened your muscles.
Starting with Heels: Start Small
- Start with small heels. If you’ve never walked in heels, you should start small and work your way up. There are many heels to choose from, varying in height, thickness and shape. I prefer chunky heels about one inch in height to get you started. Shop around and find ones that are comfortable for you.
- Once you have mastered the short heel, you will get a kitten heels which I just happen to adore! I own many pairs. They are feminine, but not too high. They are perfect for that next step! These are special because the heel is generally centered under your own heel, letting your walk be more natural.
- After you are very comfortable in kitten heels, it is time to graduate to a stacked or a wedge heel. These shoes let you go higher because the heel is fully attached to the sole of the shoe, giving you more balance and comfort. I have lots of wedge shoes too.
- Next you can graduate to pumps. By now you are ready! I would suggest a comfortable pair of classic black pumps. By now, you have practiced walking, have strengthened ankles and calves, and have that sexy feminine sway. A classic black pump will show all of this off!
- Do you want to go a bit more wild? Maybe you want stiletto platform shoes. Again, whatever next step you decide to take and whatever style of shoe you decide to try, know that you have learned how to properly walk in heels, and how to exercise to your muscles. Be confident and sexy in the heels you have always dreamed about!
How to Walk in Any Heel
Use these steps as you practice in your heels from small to high.
- Walk heel first, toes second, taking natural steps.
- Take smaller, feminine steps. Walk with purpose.
- Take small, slow steps, putting one foot about a foot directly ahead of the other. This also enhances your hip sway.
- Heels tend to shorten your stride a bit; the taller the heel means the shorter your stride will be.
- Practice daily! Wear your heels (whichever ones you are in) around the house to get used to and break them in. Do all the things you would normally do while walking.
- Make sure to change direction; stop and pivot.
- Expose your heels to different surfaces like carpets, tile, floor, even concrete.
- Dance, dance dance. If you’re planning on wearing your heels to a nightclub shake things up in your heels as practice.
- Remember stairs. *Know this!* Place your entire foot on each step as you come down the steps, but only place the ball of your foot on each step as you go up. Hold onto that railing gracefully for balance help.
Make sure no matter what shoes you are in, you walk carefully. Grass, cobblestones, grates and drains pose danger. Now is the time to listen to the rhyme about a crack on the sidewalk. Those can bring you down if heel gets stuck in there. Be careful, and don’t even think about walking too fast, power walking, or jogging with any heels on.