Now that your face is so pretty and smooth after our last post’s shaving and softening lesson, you are ready to put on some makeup!
The easiest way to buy makeup honestly is to make an appointment to go into a store or to a beauty counter and have professionals match your skin tones to different colors. This is a big investment and will result in more products than you likely need for day to day, but it IS something you want to do at least once! Heck, I do it about once a year to play with my look! But, let’s go for a fresh-faced look.
Buying Makeup – The Fresh Face
You will need just a few things for a fresh-faced look.
- Foundation or BB Cream – Get something moisturizing.
- Pressed powder – This will take the shine away from your face.
- Lip gloss – Nice and light. Nude or light pink.
- Bronzer or blush for contouring – Not too much darker than your skin tone. A little makes a big difference!
- Mascara – This highlights your eyes and finishes up your look.
This is the bare minimum I go out in. It is just enough to make you look polished and pretty, but will also be something you can wear out without being self-conscious!
- Try to use one company for your first cosmetics. Generally whatever you choose will match with other cosmetics from that line.
- Match your skin tone. If you rub a tester shade on your wrist, and it matches well (almost disappears) then you have found the right shade!
We will get deeper into makeup in my next post! Feel pretty.